Tips for Planning a Successful Fundraiser
Putting together a successful fundraiser doesn't have to be hard. Here are a few tips that will keep things running smoothly:
- Get the word out: Make sure as many people as possible know about your fundraiser. Pass out flyers, hang posters, contact local television and radio stations, post the information on free sites like Craigslist, and send out an Evite to multiple guests.
- Provide other ways for guests to donate money in addition to donating to your event. Consider holding a raffle, silent auction or tournament. Also, offer the option to give donations after the fundraiser is over by providing envelopes or an online link to a donation site.
- Make sure your financial goal is clear. Post a sign that shows your progress toward your goal, such as a big thermometer or chart.
- Help guests understand the importance of your cause. Provide stories, pictures and anecdotes about the person, family or organization you are raising money for.
- Encourage guests to interact with one another. Consider inspiring some friendly competition and building team spirit through fun activities like games and contests.
- Keep it fun! Put together an event theme and decorate the facility or encourage guests to dress in costume.
- Provide prizes and awards to guests for everything from best score to most gutter balls. You can give them traditional trophies or you can make them fun and silly - be creative!
- Last, but not least, be sure to follow up with your donors and guests to thank them.